Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Where Does My Anger Go?

Where are our memorials to the Women Warriors?
It is not only men of war that overcome flashbacks.
How many raped come home and thrive, how many do not?
My anger rises within the silencing of women.

My anger rises in the unsafe spaces of intolerance of speech.
Who can listen to an angry woman talking about being raped?
The victims voice we feed and then,
We go no further to the heroic welcoming home parties.

We stay ignorant and stupid.
She's exaggerating. She wanted him to play rough. She's making it up.
And what of the platform from childhood rape, when we push correctness of memory?
Where is the broader understanding of the truth of flashbacks?

My anger bends away from Fuck You!
My anger turns into determination.
I have made it home and whole,
I am an open and safe space for you.

I have a vision.
One step at a time, 
Into the creative flow,
Gathering energy as I go into community, We are

there beyond the anger and victim games.
We are a safe community toward wholeness, whispering
If you need to say Fuck You, say it .
We will hold that hand and nurture you home.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Lucid Into the Memory of the People

I dreamt a memory of grandmother. I woke into the dream sitting with grandmother in front of a boulder rock in a river bed. She was teaching...